Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chandler, AZ : Pittsburgh Willy's

There have been several weeks now that Pat has wanted to go to Pittsburgh Willy's but something has always been holding us back. Their closing time. PW is known around these parts for their amazing hotdogs and insane Steeler decor. (They also happen to be attached to one of my all time favorite antiquing joints!)

Now, you may say to yourself, "I thought you were pregnant? I don't think you should be having hotdogs." Well, little do you know, they have things without hotdogs there! (I accidentally ordered something with hotdogs anyway.)

While we waited for our food we played some table games which was great! I dominated in Tic-Tac-Toe.

2012-09-01151342, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Pat ordered "The Pittsburgher" $5.25, and you can add peppered bacon for a measly $0.75 - which I will definitely going back for after our little guy is here!

Pittsburgher

I ordered "The 3 Legged Chili 'n Cheese" $6.75, which I mis-read the description to all together. Apparently, the "3 Legs" are hotdogs. Didn't know that. But, I wasn't upset. The beanless chili and melty cheese was yummy with the bun and Pat didn't hesitate to jump in and eat some of the untouched dogs.

2012-09-01151448, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App



We had a snickerdoodle for dessert ($0.75), but I ate it that so fast I forgot to take a picture! Needless to say, it was delightful.

This is definitely a family establishment and the whole family was there making sure things were going according to plan! Everyone was very nice and eager to make sure we were satisfied. It is more than you expect from a hotdog stand... but still very easy going and casual, thus the paper plates and plastic utensils.

The only downer of the place, I would say, is the drink selection. The canned/bottled sodas and water prove to not be enough when scarfing down these salty meals; but I would definitely stop buy again if we were heading to the antique shop. I think it would be the perfect hangover spot too, should that day ever come again. 

We give Pittsburgh Willy's !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment